Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reasons

These past couple weeks have been kind of hard. We have all had such stressful, strange schedules that we haven't seemed to have time to get the gym together. I have been using my recumbent bike as much as I can., but I will admit I haven't been too faithful at it.

A couple of weeks ago I made a list of the differences I felt after just one week of working out. I figured I should probably stick it on the blog! I am not exaggerating in any way when I say that things changed DRASTICALLY after just one week. Here's the list.

- I lost 2 pounds.
- My clothes fit looser.
- I had a tremendous amount of energy.
- I was satisfied with only 6-7 hours of sleep a night and didn't feel fatigued or sleepy during the day.
- I was more agile and limber after doing around 300 crunches each time we went.
- I didn't have the cravings for sweet treats that I usually get.
- I was able to easily stay in my calorie range each day.
- Things were better in the [ahem] bedroom.

Those are some major improvements to my life in such a small amount of time. Imagine if I went to the gym for a whole year! I would be a super woman! I am just grateful that I started going and have seen results so quickly. I know that the ultimate goal is weight loss, but honestly the energy boost is almost the best thing so far.

I need to kick it up a notch this week and keep all of these things in mind when I feel myself slipping up on my routine. I will keep you posted! I just got two of the Biggest Loser books and I think I will be posting some of the tips and info here for you all to benefit from!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go katie! This makes me want to go to the gym! -Geri

Terri said...

Katie, keep it up! I started going to the gym last year and lost weight and felt all of those same positive effects also and it just keeps getting better! I know it can be hard to go to the gym alone, but it is worth it.

Also, remember that not everyone at the gym has always been in the great shape they may be in now. Some of them had to go through the challenge of changing their fitness and health habits too and they can be a support and motivation to you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Terri! The gym I go to is Planet Fitness and their motto is "A Judge Free Zone." It truly is! I think that because it is one of the less expensive gyms (it doesn't offer any classes) more of the "average" people go. That was one of my worst fears about joining...I didn't want to feel uncomfortable or self-conscious. I am grateful that I haven't run into anything that has made me feel that way!

Did you incorporate anything else into your lifestyle to lose all your weight? You look FABULOUS! :)