Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Journey.




It has been almost 2 full years since I have posted anything. I cannot believe how much my life has changed in the past 20 months. I met and married my best friend Eli Smith, and I have started a wonderful life with him.

I am happy in every aspect of my life, except one. As many of you know I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I have yo-yo'd from sizes 10-20 throughout the past 10 years. I am a very happy person, full of love and laughter, but this part of me, this negativity, has to come to an end.

My mother-in-law Teresa and I are joining Weight Watchers tomorrow and beginning our road to healthier lifestyles. I am going to update this blog weekly to help stay focused throughout my personal journey. Feel free to join me, or to watch as my life transforms throughout the next year.

The beat part of all is that my husband loves me so much the way that I am. He doesn't care if I weigh 95 lbs, or 399 lbs. This is a goal I have set for myself, so that as I begin to prepare to start a family, I can be in a healthier position to carry and take care of a child. I feel that because I am being supprted, and not pushed into this decision, that I will be able to stay focused on my goal and steadily work toward it.

I am ready to make the commitment to live and be healthier.

Here is my "before" picture. I am currently in a size 20, and weigh 256 pounds.
I am not afraid to share this with the world, it's only down hill from here. :)



I will update each Thursday as I weigh in to track my progress as I go, and I will post a picture after every 10 pounds I lose.

See you next week!

2 comments:

Rachael Cook said...

Katie, I am so proud of you, not just because you decided to do this, but because you seem to happy with you, and with who you are. You can def tell that you are one happy women. Congratulations on the marriage. That is wonderful. Your engagement picture is so beautiful. I love reading what you post, you have such a great way with words. Good luck on your journey, hopefully I will have progress to share as well.

Mandy and Mark said...

Good luck, Katie! I am cheering for you!