Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Starting weight: 256
Current weight: 255
Total lost: 1 lb

Here I am, a week later and a pound lighter!

I know some of you may be thinking, "one pound..that's all?"

Honestly though, one pound is pretty good considering I have had a hard time adjusting this week.

I started with Teresa on Thursday and we got our accounts set up. I went grocery shopping that night and bought all kinds of yummy healthy food like Oroweat sandwich thins, Kashi GoLean Cereal, fruits, veggies, salad, low-fat cheese and lunch meat, and other healthy treats to help me when I need a snack at night. (My new favorite thing is 94% fat free kettle corn!)

I will say that I stayed on plan about half of the time this week, but I did order pizza with Eli twice, and we went out for Mexican once during that time. I don't know why I am having a little bit of a harder time getting motivated this week, but I am attributing some of it to the gloomy January blues. January makes me all dark and twisty inside, and I long to stay wrapped up in my warm bed all day. This also makes me want to eat continually.

I am going to start doing a workout video that helped me lat year when I was all gung-ho about losing. It's called "Leslie Sansone's Walk Firm and Fast 4 Mile workout," (costs about $9.00 at your local Walmart Super-center.) There are 3 miles that you can walk, with a warm up mile, a fast paced mile, and a mile that includes strength training. The entire video is about 65 minutes long, but you can stop at any time and skip straight to the cool down. I like it because she incorporates various aerobic moves while you are walking so you can tone up at the same time. I plan on beginning that DVD tomorrow, and we will see if that helps at all.

All in all, I am still excited about this journey and I plan to do it wisely...I don't want to lose all of the weight quickly and have it come right back on if I ever cheat or have a bad spell.

I hope you are all still reading and continue to do so...I am loving the posts I write because not only am I weighing in to Teresa, I'm weighing in to the world!


3 comments:

Crystal said...

One pound is amazing, its one pound closer to healthier lifestyle, one more step in redirecting your thinking and feeling about your self, I have also been trying to get more fit, it is a daily and hourly struggle, I think you are very brave for being so public about it. Thank you
I think you may have your numbers mis typed the one post before and this one dont match up.

Rebecca said...

One pound of fat is about the size of a standard coffee mug. That's definitely something to be proud of. Imagine that glob of fat sitting on a table or something. Ew. I'd be thrilled to be rid of that, too. Good job!

Rebecca (hearts)...

Unknown said...

Bwahaha...I subconsciously told myself to write 155...I WISH I was there! Thanks Crystal, it's fixed! :)