Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year: Part 1

Happy New Year, everyone! 

I found this questionnaire on a friend's blog and I thought I would go ahead and fill it out. I've always loved survey things like this, especially back in high school. (Which may have resulted in my dad finding out about my tattoo, accidentally of course! We still laugh about that one at my house.)

Anyhow, here goes nothing!

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?

I had quite a few firsts, considering I got married just last year.
- I had my first birthday as a married woman.
- Celebrated my first anniversary.
- Went to Vegas without my parents.
- Got paid good/legit money to shoot a wedding.
- Kept my business running throughout the whole year. I didn't have one month last year without a session.
- Took my first pregnancy test. (Negative)
 - Paid off a credit card!
- Many more firsts, I'm sure.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 

I honestly didn't make any New Year's resolutions last year, but I have come up with several this year and I mean to stick with them.
 
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

It seems as if everyone around me is giving birth right now! I have several friends at work that had their babies, and another 2 that are due here in the next couple of months.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I can't say that I was close to anyone who died this year, but several people from high school died just in the past couple of months. It's been a rough cancer year,
  
5. What countries did you visit?

Just the good ol' U S of A. :)

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?


I would like to gain control over my body, because last year I just didn't follow through. I had so many things emotionally and mentally going on that I didn't complete my goals. However, I joined a gym this month and I am planning on sticking with it. After just a couple of weeks going, I have so much more energy and strength in my muscles. I am definitely a happier person. If I can have those results in a week or two, I can't wait to see what can happen in a year. I hope to also leave 2013 with a bun in the oven! :)

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


The day we headed to Vegas! Just because it is so new and fresh for us to go on vacations without our families, just the 2 of us! Oh and our anniversary! I got my wedding band as a gift and it is beautiful!:)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I'd have to say my biggest achievement this year was joining a gym! I feel so great so far...I hope I can stick with it and become healthier!

9. What was your biggest failure?


I feel that I have 2. The first one was bad budgeting. I could have paid off a big chunk of our debt, but we weren't wise with our money so it didn't happen. I do believe this year will be better though. The second one was letting my depression get the better of me early on in the year. I spent the first few months of the year in a big slump and I feel bad for not taking care of it sooner. All better now, however!.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?


I have never had a kidney infection until this year, and I ended up with 3! I also have had minor flu/bronchitis type illnesses. Depression counts too.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hands down - my Dyson vacuum, and my Silhouette Cameo.

12. Where did most of your money go?


Rent and food and our vacation.

13. What did you get really excited about?


All the firsts of being married
.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?


Highwayman by The Outlaws. We listen to this constantly...on every road trip. :) Love me some Outlaws!

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
I'd say more focused on my goals, therefor happier that I have direction.
Thinner or fatter? Gained 15 lbs this year. :(
Richer or poorer? About the same.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Exercised, and just enjoyed life a little better instead of stressing constantly about things I can't change.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Dwell on things I can't change.

18. How did you spend Christmas?


Split between our two parents' houses. It was awesome this year. There was no rush and we got to spend plenty of time with each family.

19. What was your favorite TV program?


 Grey's Anatomy,

20. What were your favorite books of the year?


The Glass Castle

21. What was your favorite music from this year?


Old Country...The Outlaws, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc. I also found a love for Mumford & Sons.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?


Les Misreables, Twilight, The Hobbit, Skyfall, Batman.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?


Went to Sizzler with the family and worked. My husband had flowers delivered to me there. Awww.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Weight loss. Paying off debt.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?


Non-existent.

26. What kept you sane?


My amazing husband and his ability to talk me down from any situation and anxiety attack. He's the bee's knees.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

I learned that I need to stand up for myself more with those around me, and value my own opinion so that other people will value it also. I also learned that sometimes it is important to just be grateful for the stable job you have...some people out there do not have a job at all. 

No comments: