Thursday, February 9, 2012

Improvement

Starting Weight: 256
Current Weight: 255
Total Loss: 1 lb

Ok...I gained this week...but I know why! I decided after writing my last post that I needed to focus on the "sneaking" and try and overcome it. I can't say that I was 100% successful, but I can say that I tracked and logged EVERY thing I put into my mouth. I used up all of my daily points, and all of my weekly allowance points, but I felt so good because I admitted my actions to myself and to WW.

I may have gained, but this step was crucial to my journey, and I feel incredibly empowered by it. Once I saw the numbers on the scale at weigh in, I immediately knew I needed to make changes in my behavior. I have started implementing them and we will see what happens next week.

Some things I have done to balance my diet are:
  • Eat a salad with my dinner so I don't eat too much of the main course where the points are high.
  • If I know I am gong to splurge at some point in the day, I organize my other meals accordingly.
  • Plan out my meals the night before so I know that if I eat exactly what I planned my points will be gone so there is no room for unnecessary snacking.
  • Weigh myself half way through the week so that I can get a feel for where I am at, and know if I need to adjust.
Although I gained, I will take it. It is just another step on this road to a healthier me.

wanted to let you all know that I appreciate your support so much. It really helps to know that you are listening and cheering me on. Love you guys. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie we can do this, I know its hard the first few weeks. If we keep at it we can be where we want to be. I keep telling my self failure is not on option if I want to be a mom. Love you and I know you can do it.