Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, Part 2: Bucket List!


I have decided, based upon a review of my last 27.5 years of living, that new year resolutions are just not my thing. I say I am going to make them, and I do make them, but in about 2 months I forget about their existence until I come upon them one day in late December. When I do find said resolutions, I immediately feel like a waste of space because I never keep them! So this year a new form of "resolution" is born: My New Year Bucket List.

I am going to make my Bucket List centered around the things that I want to do before the year is up. That way it will be more like a "Carpe Diem" experience, rather than something that I "have" to do.

So,without further ado...

The Bucket List: 2013

- Run 1 mile straight. ( I am hoping to be able to do more than just one mile, perhaps a 5k, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.)
- Do a sit up (or several of them) without having someone hold my feet.
- Hike all the major canyon trails around Cache Valley.
- Sew a quilt for Eli and I's bed.
- Pay off at least 2 credit cards.
- Make an organized recipe book of all my mom's amazing eats.
- Cook at least 5 nights out of any given week. 
- Learn how to substitute wholesome, fresh ingredients without changing the taste/quality of our food.
- Buy a dress that I feel and look amazing in.
- Read the complete unabridged version of Les Miserables.
- Utilize this blog in a way that, when looked at in December can give you a detailed version of our little lives throughout the year!

I know there are several more things I wants to do and will do in 2013, but I can't think of them all at the moment. I may add them as I go. I am just excited to start the year out with goals and direction!

I will leave you with a few quotes to help me stay motivated:
 
This quote reminds me of my journey to dancing. I always wanted to become an Indian classical dancer, but my dance Guru (teacher) was so strict that I use to come home crying & also wanted to quit. But I kept going back to learning because I just NEVER wanted to give up! & proud to say I didn't because today I am known to many people due to my dance. =)
Truer words...
fit
Keep This In Mind During Workouts!





No comments: